Followers

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

A Sunny Share

Hey all my crafty peeps (Lol I've always wanted to say that ^.^)! So lately I've been bouncing around from one crafty thing to the next, my most recent adventure being the mixed media canvases I've been experimenting with. This week I've been thinking a lot about starting a scrapbook. I've always wanted to make one and with so much going on with my family just this year and my hubby turning out to be quite the shutterbug I figure it's time. I tried once before and it was an epic, colossal fail. Try as I may the color schemes never fit, the layouts were terrible, you name it. Recently though everyone's been doing these project life type scrapbooks. They look so gorgeous and seem simple enough that anyone could preserve their memories beautifully and professional looking with no stress. Naturally given my past misadventures in scrapbooking, it was too tempting to pass up so I thought I'd set off to my local craft store and buy a binder and a package of pocket page thingies for my project life album. I also bought a small pack of themed journaling cards to start off with. They were adorable but seemed like something I could easily make at home...so I did! I put away my scrapbook and pulled out my papers, stamps, and markers and got crafty. Here's what I came up with:

Sunny Mae

Aren't they adorable?! I used the SOG Sunny Mae clear set and some papers from the Bo Bunny Lemonade Stand collection for these journaling cards. I meant to make at least 6 but stopped at 4 until I could think up more cute layouts. There's also a website I discovered through Pinterest with free printable project life journaling cards. I can't remember the link but will post in an update when I find it again. In the mean time I'm going to link up these cuties to the Some Odd Girl July Linky Party and I hope to see you guys there. What kind of crafty projects have you tried for the first time lately?

-Krys

2 comments:

  1. Great project life cards. I have used Some Odd Girl stamps to decorate some pages as well. So glad to have you join us for the July Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, these are super cute and I love the cute image and the fun papers! Sadly, I have a project life album which is incomplete as well as new one which has never been touched. :( But this is really giving me some inspiration to pull them out and get going with some cute handmade journal cards! :)

    ReplyDelete