Followers

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

A Few Sweet Gifts

Ever been in one of those moods when you have to have something sweet but can't quite figure out what you want? Well I've been in that mood for the last few days but since I can't figure out what I have a taste for, I just haven't eaten any sweets. I was just starting to get grumpy yesterday when I remembered a sweet lil stamp set called Cookies n Milk I won over at Some Odd Girl during a release day blog hop (get yours here!) I knew exactly what I wanted to do with this set when I got it but hadn't intended to blog about it, so I finished my project and put my stamp set away. Well today I decided to satisfy my sweet tooth with chocolate chip cookies. That's right, chewy, soft, warm, and oh so gooey melty so-big-you-should-only-eat-one-but-you-just-can't-help-yourself, chocolate chip cookies, and that's when inspiration struck! I wanted to make my hubby a cookie as well, but what's better than a cookie (besides another cookie, obviously)? A card! Or in this case, a cute decorated mini pizza box, enter SOG brilliance; Cookies n Milk clear stamp set!


Cookies n Milk

Aren't these guys just the cutest?! They also come with two other sentiments in the same awesome font, "Best Friends" and "We Go Together" how adorable is that! I colored these up using my copic markers and created the texture on the cookie by applying a few drops of colorless blender to a terry cloth towel and dabbing gently (hint: you can use the same technique to give denim clothing texture by using a scrap of denim with a little colorless blender). I layered on a few squares of cardstock and a stampin up doily. I stamped the cookie on a piece of x-press blending card, fussy cut them out and popped them up with pop dots. Throw in a couple of enamel dots, a button with bakers twine, and a sentiment from the Cookies n Milk set and voila! This mini pizza box is the perfect size for one giant delicious cookie or several bite sized ones or any other treat really. They make the cutest gift and are super easy to decorate and assemble. Trust me when I tell you tis is another addictively easy project that will 'wow' it's recipient so give it a try. I used a wonderfully simple tutorial found here.  Speaking of gifts, the first project I mentioned earlier was nothing major, just a cute gift for my 4 and 5 year old daughters





I honestly could resist! What was I supposed to do? I had shrinky dink, stazon, clear ultra thick embossing powder, jump rings and even a couple of ball chain necklaces, all the things I needed to make these adorable matching necklaces. They love them and refuse to take them off, meanwhile everyone whose seen them asks where I got them. Win win for me, plus this is my last entry for the SOG July Linky Party. What about you, do you blog everything you craft, or are some things just for fun?

-Krys


3 comments:

  1. OMG!!!! I am in LOVE with the necklaces you created, they are so FUN!! Love your card as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Krystal!! I would kill to have those necklaces. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. How stinkin' cute these little necklaces are! I bet your daughters just loved them! Fantastic card too!

    ReplyDelete