Followers

Friday, June 13, 2014

Tropical Twinsies

Try and say that 5 times fast, and record it, and send it to me, I love a good laugh :D I kid, but today's post is definitely a double take on a tropical treat. I loved coloring the two toned dress worn by SOG's Tropical Mae, that I thought I'd print her out and color her up again using a different pallet.



I loved figuring out what shades would fade green into soft blue seamlessly. It took a little thought but I absolutely love the results. Another thing I love about the SOG stamps is that, like TGF stamps that I love so much, these don't have anything limiting them to a particular race or nationality. The stamps are very versatile because of this ambiguity I'm free to color them any way I choose without it looking like something is "off".

I thought this would be the perfect stamp to use since her 'twin' just won a spotlight this week in the June linky party over on the Some Odd Girl Blog so maybe she's luck ^.^ I used my copics to color Ms Mae and added stickles to her dress to make it sparkle. I wanted to keep the layout the same and just swap colors so I used the same DP pads from Bo Bunny and Echo park and finished it off with jute twine, a matching button from my stash and my new favorite embellishment next to glitter, enamel dots! This linky party isn't over, you still have a chance to link up and make your projects shine, get craftin', I know I'm about to!
-Krys

5 comments:

  1. She looks great! I love the color you got on her skin and the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job and beautiful card! Thank you for joining in the fun and linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card!! Love how you colored her!! Great color combo also!
    Thanks for joining our Some Odd Girl June Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining our Some Odd Gil Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh goodness, I love this one as well!! Thanks for joining us at SOME ODD GIRL June Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete