Followers

Monday, June 16, 2014

Princesses, Pencils, and Kraft, Oh My!

Hi guys! Hope you had an awesome father's day weekend and all got a chance to do something special for the men-folk in your lives, be they Father, Son, Brother, Grandfather, Uncle, or just a good friend! My hubby defanitly got more than a little appreciation shown. In fact it was downright good ol' fashioned spoilery! Our living room now hosts a 60" flatscreen tv which he is quite proud to say, may be too heavy for the floating shelf it sits on... Men. I just hope it doesn't fall. I won't complain though, a complete surprise to me, he was kind enough to replenish my cardstock supply out of the kindness of his heart, lucky me, don't I have a sweetie?! Anyway I digress, what better activity is there than bonding with the kiddos on Father's Day right? Well he thought so and I didn't argue so off to the park they went and up to the craft room I went, where I came up with my card for this week's FFF Challenge over at The Greeting Farm, Use Pencils to Color.

SSSC Tress

I colored up the lovely Tress from TGF's Super Secret Stamp Club with my Prisma Color pencils on kraft cardstock. Whenever I use Prismas, I usually opt for kraft over white cardstock because there's no need to use an OMS (odorless mineral spirit) to blend the colors. With kraft its all about layering and patience. After all the hard work it took to get this image just the way I wanted, I decided to go with a CAS layout and let the image shine without any embellishments (which was incredibly tough for me!) I doodled a border around the edge and used a few of my small stamps to add a little umph but other than that I left Ms Tress as the focal point. I was so pleased with my restraint that I'm considering making another one using another one of the SSSC exclusives tomorrow! How do you guys prefer to use your pencils? What type of paper works best?

-Krys

2 comments:

  1. Krystal, she's so pretty! I just got a new set of Prismas; I think you've inspired me to try this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty card - love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete