Followers

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Farm Fresh First: Back to School!



Happy First of the month crafters! Ok I know, its not the first and I'm super late but I swear I have a legit reason for being soooo late but I have an adorable card along with an awesome project for the new September challenge, Back to School, over at The Greeting Farm to make up for my tardiness so hopefully you forgive me! I'll even show you my card before I explain, will that help? :D I knew you loved me!

SSSC Poppy

Isn't she adorable? Her name is Poppy and she's one of the adorable girlies I got from my last SSSC subscription (you can find out more about the SSSC here!). She's not available yet but should be soon so be on the lookout! Normally I have a horrible time with back to school challenges but this year I was prepared, armed with DCWV's Homeroom Stack dp, I was ready and up for the task of creating a fun back to school themed card! I colored Poppy using my copic markers on curious metalics cryogen white cardstock and used a sentiment from an older TGF stamp set, Creepin Kit (now retired). I chose this sentiment because a lot of time we are harder on ourselves than need be and sometimes we just need to be reminded that we totally rock, especially when it comes to academics.
Now on to my excuse! While school has already started in many places, my girls don't start school until next Tuesday. We've been in NY for a year and my girls have not needed a check up or gotten sick enough to see a doctor so I hadn't found a PCP for them (bad mommy, shame on me!) Well my baby girl starts school for the first time EVER and she needed her immunizations before she could start...unfortunately it was easier said than done. Turns out the pediatricians here will only give immunizations to your child if he or she is already a registered patient. So  after much searching and deliberation, I found an office nearby with glowing reviews and I was able to get both girls early morning appointments, one on the 31st and one on the 1st (annoying right? why not the same stinkin day?!) And though my card was ready waaaaay in advance, I was a bit preoccupied with getting my girls in school so it slipped my mind to schedule a post :( . Since you guys have been awesome enough to sit through my long winded excuses, here's my ultra mega awesome (to me anyway) bonus back to school project:


Jeremiah (Twisted Kit)


Ta Da! What is this amazing complex lookin thing-a-ma-jig? Its an easel card BOX! I used a little handsome guy from  The Greeting Farm's Twisted kit by the name of Jeremiah and more of that fab DCWV homeroom dp. Like it? I have a pic tutorial coming later next week so be looking out for it, along with the last 2 mini notepads using the splash kit cuties! Till next time

-Krys

No comments:

Post a Comment