Followers

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Find Joy in the Ordinary

Hi guys! Just wanted to pop in today with a cute little tag I made a while back but hadn't had a chance to blog about yet using the adorable Angel Kaylee digi from Some Odd Girl

Angel Kaylee Digi

And a Close Up

I'm still working on my 3D technique but I believe its coming along nicely! I colored Kaylee using my copic markers and some wink of stella for shimmer on her outfit and wings. I inked around the edges of my papers with walnut stain distress ink to give it an aged look and tie it in with the browns in her hair and outfit. next I layerd a scrap of DP onto some leftover chocolate chip SU! cardstock to create a simple elegant looking background for Kaylee. The sentiment is from one of The Greeting Farm's new releases, Dollie With Hearts, stamped in Timber Brown Stazon ink. I loved that sentiment the moment I read it and couldn't wait to stamp it on everything! Like many of my 3d paper pieced projects I kept the embellishments simple, adding only a bit of ribbon and a few DIY enamel dots so that the focus would be on the image. This tag wasn't for a particular challenge, just part of my New Year's resolution to practice techniques that give me a hard time so hope you guys like it!
lots-o-love

-Krys


1 comment:

  1. Super cute! your 3D looks fantastic and the colors on this tag are such a great combo!

    ReplyDelete