Followers

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Practice Makes Perfect

Happy Thursday Farmer friends, Farmer Krys here! If you tuned in on Monday, Marie shared a few of her new year's resolutions with you guys and I thought it was a wonderful idea. So in keeping with her theme, I thought I'd share some of my crafty resolutions with you guys too! Now I don't know about you but I just couldn't get enough of those adorable New Releases from The Greeting Farm so I whipped up something quickly to share with you guys using the comfy chic Day Off Anya


Day off Anya



This year, one of my new years resolutions was to get outside my comfort zone more often as well as practice techniques I struggle with. You can't really tell from the picture (but boy did I try!) that this image was paper pieced using the technique I've been practicing, adding dimension to a normally flat image by use of 3d glue and embossing. I've also been practicing my CAS cards because I am horrible at scaling back my embellishing and layering to the point of one card taking hours to complete! Sometimes, a quick card is a stress reliever, especially when you are already taking so much time to create a 3d paper pieced image. This card was all around practice for me, CAS, 3D paper piecing, and hair coloring. Do you guys have any techniques you try out that could use a little practice? We'd love to hear. Don't forget to join us tomorrow at The Greeting Farm for a new Farm Fresh Friday Challenge where we'll announce the winner from the last Farm Fresh Friday and show off some awesome inspiring projects from the DT!
Lots-O-Love,
-Krys

1 comment:

  1. This is super cute Krys!!! Love the coffee theme and she is too cute!

    ReplyDelete