Followers

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Retro Sketch #132

Hi guys! Having a great week so far over here but my oh my does having a preschooler and Kindergartner keep you busy! I'm still adjusting to my new schedule so please bear with me until I can get the hang of this ^.^ My goodness I never realized just how much my daughters occupied each other until the oldest one started school. Now though, I believe my baby girl is attempting to drive me mad by asking me a never ending stream of questions (many of which she knows the answer to) throughout the day. She literally talks from the moment she wakes up till the moment she goes to sleep again! Nap time can't come soon enough but some days she doesn't even nap, LOL. All I can do is sit and laugh when I think about it because right now its driving me crazy, yet next year when she's in school and my house is quiet, the silence will drive me crazy and I'll be thinking of excuses to go and get them out of school early so they can be home with me again! Yesterday she decided that she needed a nap and so I got a little crafting done. It's been so long since I participated in any other challenge that I decided to join in this week's Retro Sketches #132 Challenge with a little SOG flair for the September Linky Party and the Trash Your Stash Facebook Challenge. Here's my take on the sketch

SOG Snowball Tia digi

I love the winter theme and this particular color combination was inspired by a very talented friend of mine, who recently knitted a scarf in these cool shades. I loved them so much I had to make a card using them! I didn't really have any wintery sentiments so I just used the Smile! sentiment from the SOG picture perfect clear set and I think it still looks sweet. The snowflake die is from sizzix and the pearls are from my stash. I colored up little Tia with my copic markers and added some stickles in the color eucalyptus fo add some dazzle to her outfit and sentiment. I used white chalk around the edges of the lighter blue paper in an attempt to make it appear to be frosted but you can't really see it in this photo. I added a glittery swirl with some silver stickles and a few pearls from my stash and this little lady was ready to join the party! Maybe today baby girl will take a nap and I can get a little something done again! Wish me luck guys!

-Krys

3 comments:

  1. Love all the glittery goodness!! FAB card! Thanks for joining us at Some Odd Girl's September Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute Krystal! I love the colors. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super pretty Sparkly card, beautiful blue tones! Thanks for joining us over at Some Odd Girl!

    ReplyDelete