Followers

Monday, September 22, 2014

Pretty Adorkable

So, I am loving my SOG digis and my collection is really growing! Last week the ladies over at Some Odd Girl were kind enough to spotlight one of my cards and give me a free digi prize Who doesn't love prizes? I certainly do, and I absolutely couldn't wait to put my newest prize to good use, and since it seems like forever that I made a ceramic sign for my craft room I figured it would make a great project.

Geeky Mae Digi

Isn't she just adorable?! This week's Facebook challenge is back to school but instead of a typical back to school I was leaning more toward college dorm decor and came up with this. Doesn't she just look comfy, ready to lounge in her dorm room and study for an upcoming exam? I came up with the sentiment myself, generated on my computer and transferred onto the ceramic bisque. I gotta say I think it was the perfect sentiment to go with this cutie pie. I began by inking around the edges of the sign with some pigment ink. I colored Geeky Mae up on my Hammermill coverstock (love that stuff!) with my copic markers, fussy cut her out, and glued her down with some glossy accents. I finished it off with my favorite type of bling, pearl flourishes, a little diamond glaze on her glasses and a few paper airplanes I drew and glittered with my clear wink of stella brush pen. You never get too old for paper airplanes. I love this digi and she may very well be my favorite, I think we all have a little geek in us, especially when we think no one is looking ^.^ Now over to the SOG September Linky Party and then to the Back to School SOG Facebook challenge to join in on the fun, see ya later alligator!

-Krys

1 comment:

  1. This is really a great idea! Glad to have you with us for September's Linky Party at Some Odd Girl!

    ReplyDelete