Followers

Friday, May 15, 2015

Farm Fresh Friday: Embossing


Happy Farm Fresh Friday peoples! We've had quite a week over at The Greeting Farm and we've had a few winners so if you haven't already done so, stop by and make sure you weren't one of the lucky winners, you don't wanna miss your prize right? Now lets get down to business, this week's FFF challenge where the name of the game is Embossing (wet or dry). To be honest, I'm not entirely sure what 'wet' embossing is :D so I stuck with what I know and heat embossed the heck outta some watercolor paper and a few dies, check it out



This is seriously one of those projects I wish I had bothered to take a before picture for. What started off as an atrocious lime green monstrosity is now a journal fit for a princess...or me! Now, I certainly don't have anything against the color lime green, it's just not for everyone, me myself, I'm more of a pink gal. The first thing I had to do was change the color of the outside, and since this was a hard cover fabric type material, that wasn't hard. A few coats of pink acrylic paint did the trick. Once that dried I picked a sheet of pink zebra striped patterned paper (secured with a thin layer of diamond glaze) and wrapped a portion of the cover, tucking the edges on the inside and gluing them down with more diamond glaze. I then added lots of different girly-licious dies cut out of shimmery and sparkly pink and pearl papers. I also heat embossed a sentiment from my stash onto my banner (created using la la land stitched circles) that I thought matched my pretty princess perfectly. As this journal came together I knew exactly which TGF princess would take center stage, so while the glue was drying on my cute little sequins, I put my journal to the side and heat embossed SSSC no.3, Slumber, onto my watercolor paper, pulled out my TH distress markers and painted her to match. I also went in and added a bit of shimmer to her crown of flowers and parts of her outfit. I love using my TGF stamps for projects other than cards, they can be used for many different projects! I've had a bit of a creative block lately so I decided to give the cards a break and try something I haven't done in a while. It helped a lot and I can't wait to show you guys what else I've been up to! Enough of my rambling for now, don't forget to stop by The Greeting Farm and see what the gals have for inspiration!
lots-o-love
-Krys

No comments:

Post a Comment