Followers

Friday, February 6, 2015

FFF Roses Are Red (farm post)



TGIF farm friends, this week we have a "lovely" challenge, that is near and dear to my heart for you guys to play along over at The Greeting Farm and I seriously cannot wait to see what you guys come up with! This week's challenge theme is Roses are Red, how romantic right? As I mentioned before, Valentine's day is my absolute favorite holiday so the month of February may as well be Valentine's month in my book :D Since one of my absolute favorite crafty gals is the super talented Rosemary Bridges, its only fitting that I let one of her awesome picture frames inspire my project this week, themed after my favorite holiday. Check out my frame



50's Sweetheart Digi

I used so many random paper scraps I'd saved that I couldn't begin to tell you where they came from so I wont even try! The adorable image in the lower right corner is a digi available in the TGF Store called 50's Sweetheart and I love it! I've been practicing my coloring of hair especially and I think it really shows. I've also been experimenting with different color combos for skintones. The sentiments in the center are from various TGF sets and the flowers are from my stash, all heat embossed with white embossing powder. The gorgeous paper flowers are from iamroses.com and I used my distress markers to dye them the colors I needed to match my frame.All the different dies I used are from various companies, the heart and flourish are from Memory Box, the heart banner is from La La Land Crafts, and the butterfly is Joy! crafts. I hope this inspires you to join in the FFF fun at The Greeting Farm and let your inner cupid out! Stop by and see what inspiration the rest of the DT gals have and check out the rules for playing along.

Lots-O-Love,

-Krys







1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous frame Krys! It's been a while since I've made one of these and now I want to go and alter one! Your coloring is fantastic on this cute image!

    ReplyDelete