Followers

Saturday, October 11, 2014

We Go Together Like...

Hi guys! Feeling great on this gorgeous Saturday morning and I realized I hadn't participated at all this month in the Some Odd Girl Linky party for October! Honestly, I think I have birthday brain, this is the first birthday of mine I've been excited about in years so it's kind of taking over my thoughts the entire month! I also began getting presents early (hubby found a great deal on something I've wanted for forever!) so that didn't help the birthday brain! What was this dream gift you ask? TA-DA


The entire 49 piece set of Tim Holtz Distress markers!!!!  I've been practicing with them since they came in the mail and OMG *swoon* Now don't get me wrong, they can't replace my first love, copic markers, but they definitely run a close second! I struggled with the right about of water and ruining a few pieces of paper but I'm learning fast. I would like to try a few different types of paper, so far I seem to get the best results on bazzill heavy weight card shoppe cardstock in the color marshmallow as long as I don't over saturate the paper. Now what goes together better than distress markers and water? SOG stamps and me? Milk and cookies? How about all of the above, in a cute quick CAS card using the SOG clear stamp set Milk n Cookies, water colored with my distress markers and all ready to join in the October Linky party

SOG Milk n Cookies

I tried to keep this card simple, using only a few enamel dots and some doodling around the edges with a white gel pen. Normally I hate doing CAS cards but the milk n cookie are so adorable, they don't really need much embellishment or DP. Love how this turned out and I can't wait to use my markers on more of my SOG clear stamps. Ugh I wish I had a laser printer so that I could also color my digis as well but all I have is an inkjet for now, *sigh* dare to dream right? See you guys around

-Krys

3 comments:

  1. Super cute card!! Love how you colored with Distress Markers!!
    Thanks for joining our Some Odd Girl October Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FAB! Don't you just love that stamp set! Thanks for joining our Linky Party at Some Odd Girl!

    ReplyDelete