Followers

Monday, March 24, 2014

Tag, You're It!

Well hello hello! Beautiful weather here starting a beautiful week as here in Texas we're heading into our warm season (FINALLY!). Unfortunately, that wont matter for too much longer for me and my family because its still snowing in NY o.O! Yeah this is going to be a HUGE adjustment for me and my little family and DH is growing increasingly grumpy about this as our PCS date draws nearer. As much as I love the warm sunshine and downright unnecessary heat waves of Texas, I'm actually very much looking forward to a change of scenery as my family moves into a new chapter of our lives together. I will enjoy the warmth and sunshine while I'm still here though and to celebrate the warmer weather I decided to ink up one of my absolute favorite stamps Cheeky Beach. I've wanted to own this darling diva since I first started stamping, but she, much like Birthday Anya II eluded me until this last haul and I just couldn't wait to use this beach babe! Enough of my rambling though, on to the project!


TGF Cheeky Beach

Today I have two tags for you, one on kraft and the other on plain white both featuring Cheeky Beach. I decided to make tags because they come together fairly quickly (and because my LCS had all their tags 50% off ^.^) Both lovelies were colored with copic markers with outfits, shos and accessories paper pieced in honor of the Paper Piecing Challenge for FFF over at The greeting farm. The Cheeky on the left has a pair of sunglasses paper pieced from the same DP used for her swimwear and flower. The sunglasses were created using a stamp I found a few years back at my LCS in the dollar bin, I bought it but never found a use for it until now! Who knew they were just the right size to adorn TGF's Cheeky Beach? AWESOMENESS! For the background I used my prismacolor colored pencils and a few Hibiscus flowers and sunburst stamp (also a stamp from the dollar bin!) A bit of stickles and a scrap of torn paper and I had a beautiful beach scene easy peasy.For the Cheeky on the right I used the no line technique again (not ideal when you're also trying to paper piece an outfit by the way!)  The clouds in the background were created by tearing strips of paper and using light upward strokes with copic markers B01 and BG000 and the hot air balloons were cut from a piece of Bo Bunny paper.  There you are, two totally different tags quick and simple without looking it, give it a try, you wont regret it! See you next time guys and gals

-Krys


2 comments:

  1. OOOHHHH - So super cute. Thanks so much for joining us on the Farm for FFF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Krys! These are adorable! I love Summer so these make me happy! :)

    ReplyDelete