Followers

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

A 3D Cheeky X-mas

Hi guys back again today with another Christmas cutie pie from TGF from the (now retired) Cheeky Xmas 4x6 set for this week's FFF Holiday Cards challenge




One of my favorite crafty ladies makes all of her cards with these little 3D paper pieced images. Using a technique that involves coloring several images, cutting out each little piece individually, embossing each piece, and gluing them down to a shaded in base image she forms a 3D puffy looking image with visible depth. You can see her beautiful creations here. I adore how her cards and projects come out so I decided to give it a try myself with Ms Cheeky Xmas, what do you guys think? I like the look but I certainly need more practice! The candy cane striped papers are from my LCS, the flourish is a memory box die and the snowflakes are sizzix. The flower, rhinestone, and pearls are from my stash. The playful sentiment is from The Greeting Farm's Dolly With Cupcake 4x6 set, stamped in versamark and heat embossed in white embossing powder. Cheeky was colored up with my trusty copics and embossed the image using the McGill paper blossom molding kit. I used Helmar's scrapdots 3D glue to add dimension to my paper pieced image. Not bad for a first attempt huh? Well I'll keep working on it and you guys stay tuned, in the mean time, enjoy your day!

-Krys

No comments:

Post a Comment